With student enrolment topping 350 in 1970, the need for additional dormitory space was paramount. In response, Douglas Hall was extended and a new residence was constructed.
McMillan Hall was named in honour of James McMillan, the Hudson’s Bay Company fur trader and explorer who was charged in 1827 with establishing nearby Fort Langley.
The new residence often housed married or senior students.
In November 2002 The Globe - the International Student Centre – opened in McMillan
Students or staff maintaining the flower beds in front of McMillan Hall, ca. 1972.
[TWU Archives: 1998-01-2220]
In 1975 the construction of two additions to the building was approved.
[TWU Archives: 1998-01-2224]
McMillan residence on a sunny day, ca. 1996.
[TWU Archives: 2006-01-0005]