In 1978, with over 500 students enrolled, TWC was bursting at the seams. A new women’s residence was needed to accommodate the school’s continued growth.
Fraser Hall was named for Simon Fraser, a fur trader and explorer who navigated the Fraser River in 1808 on behalf of the North West Company.
Campus grounds during the construction of Fraser Hall; the Freeway and gymnasium can be seen near the top of the photograph, ca 1978.
[TWU Archives: 1998-01-0100]
President Snider with MLA Harvey Schroeder and Robert Thompson at the ribbon-cutting ceremony for the grand opening of Fraser Hall, 1978.
[TWU Archives: 1998-01-3991]
The newly-completed women’s dorm, ca 1979.
[TWU Archives: 1998-01-1624]
Architectural drawing for the Fraser Hall addition, ca 1991.
[TWU Archives: 1998-01-0653]