The dedication of the newly completed Northwest Baptist Theological College (NBTC) Building took place on Sunday, October 13, 1991. Isaac-Renton Architects designed the distinctive red-brick building, clearly visible from the freeway.
The four-storey facility provided housing for 200 students and an operations centre for the College. Established in 1934, in Calgary, the school had been located in Vancouver since 1958.
In 2000 the school discontinued its undergraduate programs and focused on seminary training.
Trinity’s Board of Governors approved the purchase of the Northwest Building in December, 2000. Several departments were housed there, including TWU’s School of Business, launched in 2001.
The Order of service for the Dedication and Official Opening of the Northwest Baptist Theological College (NBTC) Campus at TWU, 1991.
[TWU Archives: F 70 B 1 File 12]
The main entrance of the Northwest Building, 1998.
[TWU Archives: 2006-01-0408]
The Northwest Building, as viewed from the northwest, 1998.
[TWU Archives: 2006-01-0407]
The Reverend Doug Harris, President of NBTC from 1980 to 1995, pictured standing with Barrie Palfreyman of the Canadian Baptist Seminary (at left) and President Neil Snider (seated), ca. 1992.
[TWU Archives: 2006-01-0379]