Trinity Western University

1992

Telephones

In 1992 telephones were installed in students’ dorm rooms. Until then students had to make do with pay phones near “The Box,” in Douglas, or in noisy residence hallways.

  • #

    1974 Directory

    The 1962 Student and Staff Directory barely filled two pages and listed twelve staff and faculty, and seventeen students. By 1974, the TWC Directory was a 30-page booklet, complete with eye-catching cover graphics (see image). Around 1997 the printed student directory was discontinued, to be replaced by an online directory of email addresses.

    view pdf

    [TWU Archives: Coll. 4 B 3 File 5]

  • #

    Campus Phone Booth

    A phone booth near the original dorms, 196-.

    view image

    [TWU Archives:1998-01-1062]

  • #

    Public Phones…

    Public phones had their advantages… 197-.

    view image

    [TWU Archives: 1998-01-4367]

  • #

    …or Not

    …but a little privacy can go a long way… 197-.

    view image

    [TWU Archives:1998-01-2786]

  • #

    Going Mobile

    By the early 2000s many students had their own mobile phones. Student texting on her iPhone in the library, 2010.

    view image

    Photographer: Mike Rathjen, University Communications, 2010

back to top