The following description of the core requirements is an abbreviated version of the authoritative one found in the Academic Calendar. All students must complete 45 sem. hrs. of core requirements (unless transferring to TWU with a minimum of 57 sem. hrs. of credit, in which case core requirements are modified - see link here).* NOTE: The links below are only headings. You must click on the links to see the details.
- English (6 sem. hrs.)
- Fine Arts (3 sem. hrs.)
- History (3 sem. hrs.)
- Human Kinetics (4 sem. hrs.)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (3 sem. hrs.)
- Natural Science (6 sem. hrs.)
- Philosophy (3 sem. hrs.)
- Religious Studies (12 sem. hrs.)
- Society and Culture (3 sem. hrs.)
- University Orientation (1 sem. hr.)
In certain instances, courses may fulfill more than one core requirement. Please see Double Counting Policy for more details.
* Please note that core requirements will vary slightly from one program to another. See individual program checklists for more details.
back to top