The Academic Advising FAQ section is available as a resource for students who have questions regarding academic advising, course registration, major and minors, final exams, and senior issues. Under each heading is a list of questions that is addressed in that section. Please click on the links below that relate to the questions you may have.
In addition, there is also a list of helpful student resources below that includes links for: the academic advising website, academic calendar dates, program checklists, and the TWU Payment and Registration Guide.
If you have questions that are not answered on this page, please contact the Academic Advising Office at 604.513.2182 or email us at email@example.com.
1. Why do I need an Academic Advisor?
2. What is expected of me from my Academic Advisor?
3. How do I know who my Academic Advisor is?
4. How often do I meet with my Academic Advisor?
5. Why do I need to see my Academic Advisor during Advising Week?
6. How do I come prepared for an Academic Advising appointment?
7. Can I change my Academic Advisor? If so, how?
1. What is the difference between a full-time student and a part-time student?
2. When can I register for my courses?
3. Can I take more than 19 semester hours in a given semester?
4. Can I drop a course after the add/drop deadline?
5. Can I drop a course after the sixth week of the semester?
6. What do I do if I am wait-listed for a course?
7. How do I audit a course?
8. What is a directed study?
9. How do I challenge a course?
10. How does the program checklist work and where do I find it?
11. What are core requirements?
12. How do cross-listed courses work?
13. How do I calculate my GPA?
14. If I retake the same course in order to improve my grade, how is that credit counted?
15. What should I do if I plan to take a semester or year off, then return to TWU?
16. Does any course taken at another college transfer to TWU?
1. How many credits do I need for a major?
2. How many credits do I need for a concentration or a minor?
3. Can the same course count for both a major and a minor?
4. What is the Academic Advising process for a second major?
5. When do I need to declare my major and how do I declare my major?
1. Can I figure out my exam schedule before the official schedule is released?
2. What are the exam conflict procedures?
3. When do my final course marks come out and where can I access them?
4. Where can I find my unofficial transcript?
1. What are the requirements seniors need to be aware of as they prepare for graduation?
2. Can I graduate with outstanding credits?
3. I just received an email saying that I cannot graduate on time. What should I do?