- Joan Deeks has over 25 years of experience in corporate management, which includes holding positions with three major cities in the lower mainland as well as with the Vancouver Canucks sports franchise, where she served as the Director of People Development.
- In 2000, Joan left her position with the Canucks to launch the Advantis Consulting Group, which has since trained over 3,000 individuals in leadership and management effectiveness.
- As well as running her own company, Joan is the founder of the HRMA Labour Relations Roundtable of BC, an adjunct university professor in leadership and management studies, an active mentor to young corporate leaders, and the first consultant in Canada to be certified in the Hershey model of Situational Leadership.
- This year, PPC Canada entered into a partnership with Advantis to provide leadership and management training to PPC clients.
- As a division of PPC Worldwide, and its parent company OptumHealth, PPC Canada is part of the leading global EAP provider.
Courses Taught at TWU
BUSI 352 - Human Resource Management