Trinity Western University

General Information

International Students

International students should note that:

  1. Canadian immigration authorities only grant student visas to students who are accepted into a graduate program. Further information may be acquired from a regional Canadian Consulate or at
  2. An international student may be required to write an English language competency test. Proof of English language competency may be shown by completing the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Results should be sent directly to the University. Information concerning TOEFL may be obtained from the Educational Testing Service, Box 899, Princeton, New Jersey, U.S.A, 08540. An iBT TOEFL score of at least 100 with a minimum score of 23 per category (600 paper or 250 computer based), or a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 is normally required, but some programs may request a higher score for entry.

    Applicants who do not meet the English language requirements may be provisionally admitted to an M.A. program by enrolling for at least one semester in the Pre-Masters Program offered through ESLI at Trinity Western University. For more information, contact the Director of Graduate Admissions or the Director of ESLI.

    Trinity Western University also provides a Graduate English Language Support program for non-native English speaking students in the M.A. TESOL and M.A. Leadership programs. See details under those programs.
  3. Equivalence documentation is required for undergraduate degrees and for any applications for advanced standing. The applicant may obtain equivalence evaluation from one of the following:
    a) University of Toronto, Comparative Education Service ( );
    b) International Credential Evaluation Service (;
    c) Canadian Office World Education Services (
  4. Canadian Immigration normally requires an applicant to provide evidence of sufficient funds to support himself or herself during the first full year of resident studies. Trinity Western University requires all non-Canadian students who will reside in BC for the academic year to enrol in the British Columbia Medical Services Plan. See details under Tuition and Student Fees.
back to top

This page contains official TWU academic program information.