MBA Admission Criteria
To be admitted into the M.B.A. program, participants must meet the following requirements.
- Applicants must normally have a bachelor’s degree. In exceptional cases, a combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.0 (B) based on the final two years of their undergraduate program.
- Successful applicants must have sufficient knowledge of math and statistics. All students are required to take a diagnostic test unless their undergraduate transcript demonstrates strong competencies in these areas. If their knowledge is inadequate, ancillary Math and Statistics courses must be completed before admission is granted into the program.
- Applicants will normally have at least three to five years of management or professional experience. (To bring a dynamic vitality to the classroom and team setting, a small number of recent graduates are also admitted each year.)
- Applicants must complete the GMAT exam. While a minimum GMAT score is not required, in order to be competitive, applicants need a score of 550 or better.
- The TOEFL exam must be completed by applicants whose native language is not English. A minimum TOEFL score of 600 (or 250 computer based) is required.
- Applicants must submit two references, one of which must be from a senior officer in the applicant’s organization who is familiar with the applicant’s character, work performance, and leadership potential.
- Selected applicants must successfully complete an entrance interview (which may occur by telephone conference call). The interview evaluates an applicant’s level of maturity, interpersonal skills, career focus, and motivation.
This page contains official TWU academic program information.