Dr. Kirk Mitchell, Director
The purpose of the Master of Arts in Leadership program is to help professional people improve their leadership competence through enhanced commitment, capability, and effectiveness in five specialty areas: business, health, education, non-profit organizations, and Christian ministry.
The goal of the M.A. in Leadership program is to enable participants to:
- Develop a personal value-based biblical foundation for critical and moral evaluation of society, the church, and organizational performance improvement need;
- Develop a personal philosophy of servant leadership, modeled on the life of Jesus Christ;
- Understand leadership and its personal and corporate challenges in a world of shared power and multiple organization leadership levels;
- Appreciate leadership as the establishment of vision that is expressed through service;
- Acquire skills in the formation, direction, motivation, and evaluation of individual and team activities (negotiation, resolution, and positive use of conflict in living and employment circumstances, etc.);
- Ensure better organization performance through strategic leading and commitment to financial accountability; and
- Apply leadership principles in the place of employment and in other areas of life.
Participant performance is evaluated by the Trinity Western University grading policy.back to top
This page contains official TWU academic program information.