Cathy Almost, Associate Dean of Students
First Year Experience
Trinity Western University acknowledges the importance of good beginnings. A well-informed start leads to greater satisfaction in the university experience and an enhanced likelihood of personal success. A healthy launch can also enable students to persevere when challenges arise. The First Year Experience Program focuses on meeting student needs and expectations. TWU has found that students have many unstated needs and the University is able to target these through the following C’s:
- Clarity — setting proper expectations;
- Connecting — aiding in transition;
- Career — setting education and career in perspective;
- Course Selection — assisting in course selection prior to academic advising; and
- Confidence — through development of learning skills.
This page contains official TWU academic program information.