Students can complete discipline specializations that are described in detail in department program descriptions.
- A major consists of at least 42 sem. hrs. in one discipline, of which 24 sem. hrs. must be numbered 300 or above.
- A concentration consists of at least 30 sem. hrs. in one discipline, usually with at least 12 sem. hrs. of courses numbered 300 or above.
- A minor consists of at least 24 sem. hrs. in one discipline, usually with at least 12 sem. hrs. of courses numbered 300 or above.
- For an honours degree, at least 54 sem. hrs.; or
- For a major, at least 42 sem. hrs.; or
- For a degree in general studies, two minors in two different disciplines of at least 24 sem. hrs. each, subject to department regulations for those minors; or
- A multidisciplinary major of at least 60 sem. hrs., involving three disciplines, as specified for such majors elsewhere in this Calendar. When a student is taking a combination of majors, concentrations, or minors for which the same course is required by, or allowed in, any two of the discipline specializations (excluding ancillary requirements), the student is required to take, in addition, another course from the options allowed to satisfy the semester hour requirements for each specialization (unless the program checklist indicates otherwise).
Except where noted in program descriptions in this Calendar, the minimum number of semester hours required for graduation in discipline specializations is:
This page contains official TWU academic program information.