Course descriptions consist of:
- Subject heading: ANTH
- Course number: 101
- Course title: Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
- Credit value: 3 sem. hrs.
- Course description: A study of the....
- Co-requisites: (None listed)
- Special notes (NB): (None listed)
- Cross-listings: (None listed)
- Prerequisite(s): None
- Lecture – Lab hrs. per week: (3-0; 3-0)
The course numbering system generally conforms to the following:
- First digit — represents the year in which the course would normally be taken;
- Second digit — represents the department designation to an area or time period within that subject area;
- Third digit — odd numbers generally indicates the course will be offered in the fall; even numbers in the spring; and '0', that the course may be offered in either semester.
Weekly lecture/laboratory hours are indicated as follows:
- (3-0; 0-0) = 3 hours lecture only, fall semester
- (0-0; 3-0) = 3 hours lecture only, spring semester
- (3-0; 3-0) = 3 hours lecture only, both semesters
- (3-0 or 3-0) = 3 hours lecture only, either semester
- (3-3; 3-3) = 3 hours lecture, 3 hours laboratory, both semesters In addition, some courses may have a tutorial or seminar indicated by 3-1-3 or 0-3.
Note: The University reserves the right to cancel or revise any of the courses listed or to withdraw for the semester any course for which there is insufficient demand.back to top
This page contains official TWU academic program information.