Program Design and Delivery
The B.A. in Leadership program is an accelerated adult degree completion program delivered in Langley or at the Bellingham campus in Washington State. Successful applicants with two years or equivalent of TWU coursework or properly assessed college or university credit may complete their third and fourth years of baccalaureate study at the Langley or Bellingham campuses to earn the B.A. in Leadership degree. Each course is seven weeks long and is taken consecutively; classes are delivered on evenings and weekends.
The B.A. in Leadership graduate:
- understands the foundations and core principles underlying a variety of leadership models and organizational systems;
- is able to define good leadership and understands the difference between leadership and management;
- applies core leadership theories to existing and future workplace practices in order to effectively manage and communicate within an organizational environment;
- plans strategies and implements steps to effectively move organizations forward;
- critically integrates Christian perspectives in leadership theory and practice.
Note: This program is offered under the written consent of the Minister of Advanced Education effective April 28, 2008, having undergone a quality assessment process and been found to meet the criteria established by the minister. Nevertheless, prospective students are responsible for satisfying themselves that the program and the degree will be appropriate to their needs (for example, acceptable to potential employers, professional licensing bodies, or other educational institutions).back to top
This page contains official TWU academic program information.