iMBA Admissions Requirements and Application Deadlines
Students can apply for direct admission to the iMBA program or international students may apply for conditional admission to the iMBA program through our ESLI Pre-Masters Program. For more information on the ESLI Pre-Masters Program, contact the Graduate Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be admitted into the iMBA program, participants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must normally have a bachelor’s degree. In exceptional cases, a combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.0 (B) based on the final two years of their undergraduate program.
- Successful applicants must have sufficient knowledge of math and statistics. Some students may be required to take additional Math and Statistics courses before admission into the program is granted.
- Applicants must complete the GMAT exam. While a minimum GMAT score is not required, in order to be competitive, applicants need a score of 550 or better. For international students taking the ESLI Pre-Masters Program, the GMAT exam will be deferred until the final semester of the ESLI Pre-Masters Program.
- Most international students will complete the ESLI Pre-Masters Program before entering the iMBA program. A TOEFL or IELTS score is not a requirement for conditional admission to the iMBA program through the Pre-Masters Program. English language proficiency is assessed upon arrival at TWU and students are placed into the appropriate ESL or Pre-Masters level. However, applicants with an iBT score of 88 with at least 21 in each category (or an equivalent) are eligible for immediate entry into the ESLI Pre-Masters Program.
- Selected applicants must successfully complete an entrance interview (which may occur by telephone conference call). The interview evaluates an applicant’s level of maturity, interpersonal skills, career focus, and motivation. For international students, the interview will be deferred until the final semester of the ESLI Pre-Masters Program.
The application process includes submission of an application form, all post-secondary education transcripts, GMAT score (for those students entering the iMBA program directly without the ESLI Pre-Masters Program), and a personal statement that illustrates the applicant’s readiness to study in the iMBA program.
Entry to the iMBA program is available at the beginning of most months; the application deadline is two months prior to the desired date of entry. For international students, entry dates for the ESLI Pre-Masters Program are at the beginning of January, May, or September. Students should apply to the ESLI/iMBA program at least two to four months prior to the desired date of entry to allow for visa and study permit processing.back to top
This page contains official TWU academic program information.