MBA Admissions Requirements and Application Deadlines
To be admitted into the MBA program, participants must meet the following requirements.
- Applicants must normally have a bachelor’s degree. In exceptional cases, a combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.0 (B) based on the final two years of their undergraduate program.
- Successful applicants must have sufficient knowledge of math and statistics. Some students may be required to take additional Math and Statistics courses before admission into the program is granted.
- Applicants will normally have at least three to five years of management or professional experience. (To bring a dynamic vitality to the classroom and team setting, a small number of recent graduates are also admitted each year.)
- Applicants must complete the GMAT exam. While a minimum GMAT score is not required, in order to be competitive, applicants need a score of 550 or better.
- Applicants must submit two references, one of which must be from a senior officer in the applicant’s organization who is familiar with the applicant’s character, work performance, and leadership potential.
- Selected applicants must successfully complete an entrance interview (which may occur by telephone conference call). The interview evaluates an applicant’s level of maturity, interpersonal skills, career focus, and motivation.
The application process includes submission of an application form, two references as indicated above, all post-secondary education transcripts, GMAT score, TOEFL score (for applicants who do not have English as their native or primary language), and a personal statement that illustrates the applicant’s readiness to study in the M.B.A. program.
The priority application deadline for August enrolment in the program is April 30. Late applications will be accepted as space permits.back to top
This page contains official TWU academic program information.