Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Dr. Murray MacTavish, Director
The purpose of the M.B.A. program is to develop positive, goal-oriented Christian business leaders who apply their knowledge, skill and values to positively impact the marketplace. In particular, the program has the following objectives:
- Equip participants in the art of business leadership, including the ability to effectively motivate and mobilize employees and others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives;
- Provide all participants with a thorough foundation in core business areas (marketing, finance, accounting, human resources, economics, and corporate law);
- Encourage all students to have a global business perspective;
- Develop managers and professionals uniquely skilled and prepared for entrepreneurial business, the non-profit and charitable organization sector, or international business;
- Provide all participants with an ethics and values foundation that ensures graduates function with integrity in their personal and professional life.
The M.B.A. program has three specializations: Management of the Growing Enterprise, Non-Profit and Charitable Organization Management, and International Business. The program specializations vary in duration and in structure.
22-Month Program with four Short Residencies on the TWU Campus:
The Management of the Growing Enterprise and Non-Profit and Charitable Organization Management specializations are delivered through a mixed-modal approach in which students come to TWU’s campus for four residencies (total of eight weeks) and utilize online and other distance learning technologies to complete the remainder of the degree.
One Year Full-Time On-Campus Program:
The International Business specialization is designed for students seeking a career in global business. The courses are delivered in monthly modules, which allows students to enter the program in almost any month in the schedule. A typical month includes one week of pre-readings, one week of concentrated classroom instruction, and two weeks of course work completion.
International students may take up to three semesters of English in the ESLI Pre-Masters program offered on the TWU campus beginning in January, May, or September before entering the International Business specialization.
Each specialization consists of nine core business courses (including an applied research business strategy project) and five specialization courses for a total of 45 sem. hrs. The core courses feature an integrated curriculum with application to each of the specializations.
For more information, see the Graduate Program in Business Administration section of the Calendar.
Contact the School of Business or visit www.twu.ca/mba.back to top
This page contains official TWU academic program information.