Assistant Director of Community Life for Commuter Programs
Students who live off campus are encouraged to become involved in the Trinity Western community. All student programs and services are available to commuting students.
The Marlie Snider Collegium Program is a program for commuters at TWU. Collegial commuter facilities are a home away from home for more than 700 commuter students. Each collegium is focused around academic disciplines or designated student classes. A collegium is a relaxing refuge before, between, and after classes and a great place to connect with other students, staff, and faculty. Collegium Program Assistants (CAs) support commuter students in their transition and development at TWU. These intentional community spaces are fully equipped with kitchens and lounge areas including space for eating, studying, and accessing reference materials. CAs also help organize events throughout the year. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. The collegium facilities are closed on all major holidays and during Independent Student Week. For Marlie Snider Collegium Program membership, enrol at www.twu.ca/life/community/commuter/collegium-enrolment.
Other special services, programs, facilities, and opportunities for commuter students include:
- Off Campus Rental Property listings can be found at http://www.twu.ca/housing
- Complimentary use of lockers as available: register with the CA in the West Coast Collegium or with the faculty assistants in the Neufeld Science Centre or Robert N. Thompson Building
- Small Groups—commuter students can become members of a discipleship (D-Group), or other small groups that focus on a variety of learning topics (e.g., relationships, career goals, study skills, etc). Retreats and one-on-one mentoring are other options for involvement.
- Student Leadership Opportunities—contact the Student Life Office, Reimer Student Centre
- Lower Caf: Ethical Addictions coffee, Jugo fruit smoothies, and Sub Connection sandwiches in a comfortable setting featuring a combination of soft furniture, booths, and tables—Lower Douglas
For guidelines regarding the TWU community and for University policies, refer to the Trinity Western University Student Handbook.back to top
This page contains official TWU academic program information.