Each residence hall is divided into micro-community groups of 14 to 30 students who share common space, interact on a daily basis, and are led by a peer Resident Assistant (RA). These communities, along with the overall residence community, are enhanced by intentional programs and activities aimed at the needs of students. Resident Directors (RDs), professional staff living on campus, work with student leaders and residents to foster a living-learning environment that promotes individual and group development. The residences at TWU are not just a place to sleep at night, but are viewed as an important location for student learning. Through daily interaction, Community Life staff encourage students to reflect on what they are learning about themselves through their university experience. Respect for differences, time management, conflict resolution, working constructively with others, accountability, and tolerance are a few learning outcomes gained from living in community.
Other special services, programs, and opportunities for residents include:
- Weekly Floor Meetings — RAs lead weekly small group meetings focusing on social, spiritual, relational, and academic issues.
- Events, Activities, and Traditions — Residents regularly participate in organized activities with other students through dorm dates, all stars, worship nights, and many other events on and off campus.
- All Campus Meetings — Every few weeks, guest speakers share their life experiences with residents in open forums. These are often connected to academic or other Student Life programs at the University.
- Small Groups — In addition to floor meetings, residents can become a member of a discipleship group (D-Group) or other small groups that focus on a variety of learning topics.
- Student Leadership Opportunities — contact the Student Life Office, Reimer Student Centre
For guidelines regarding the TWU community, living in residence, and University policies, refer to the Trinity Western University Student Handbookback to top
This page contains official TWU academic program information.