Trinity Western University

Grading Practices

Grade Appeals

A student’s appeal of a final grade should be submitted according to the following procedures:

  1. Informally, i.e., by the student contacting the instructor directly;
  2. Formally, i.e., in writing, no later than March 1 for grades assigned during the previous fall semester, and no later than November 1 for grades assigned in the previous spring or summer semester, to the department chair concerned. The chair and one other appointed member from the department will consider the appeal;
  3. Further appeal may be made to the Dean of the Faculty or School involved; if dissatisfaction persists, final appeal may be made to the Office of the Provost;
  4. Any formal evaluation may result in upward or downward revision, or no change;
  5. A resulting change of grade will be submitted to the Office of the Registrar accompanied by a rationale for the change, along with the signatures of the instructor and the department chair or the dean of the faculty or school.
back to top

This page contains official TWU academic program information.