Grade Point Average Requirements
Some departments, especially those involved with professional programs, set specific minimum grade point requirements. (For example, graduation with a B.Ed. requires a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.70). Such requirements are described in the appropriate section of this Calendar. Where no such stipulations are indicated, the University upholds the following requirements for graduation:
- University minimum cumulative GPA for an undergraduate degree: 2.00
- Minimum GPA for courses in major: 2.00
- Minimum GPA for courses in minors and concentrations for all students taking an undergraduate degree: 1.70
- Minimum GPA for courses in minors for students taking an undergraduate degree in General Studies: 1.70 in each minor or concentration; 2.00 for the combined total of the two minors or concentrations.
- For honours degrees, the minimum cumulative GPA is 2.70, with a minimum cumulative average of 3.00 for all courses in the honours discipline.
This page contains official TWU academic program information.