International Student M.B.A. Admission Requirements And Application Deadlines
International students may apply for direct admission to the iM.B.A. program or if they do not have a sufficient English proficiency test scores (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS) they may apply for conditional admission to the iM.B.A. program through our ESLI Pre-Masters Program. For more information on the ESLI Pre-Masters Program, contact the Graduate Admissions Office at email@example.com.
To be admitted into the M.B.A. program, international applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must normally have a bachelor’s degree. In exceptional cases, a combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.0 (B) based on the final two years of their undergraduate program.
- Successful applicants must have sufficient knowledge of math and statistics. Some students may be required to take additional Math and Statistics courses before admission into the program is granted.
- Applicants must complete the GMAT exam. While no minimum GMAT score is identified, in order to be competitive, applicants need a score of 550 or better. For international students taking the ESLI Pre-Masters Program, the GMAT exam may be deferred until the final semester of the ESLI Pre-Masters Program.
- Most international students will complete the ESLI Pre-Masters Program before entering the M.B.A. program. A TOEFL or IELTS score is not a requirement for conditional admission to the M.B.A. program through the Pre-Masters Program. English language proficiency is assessed upon arrival at TWU and students are placed into the appropriate ESL or Pre-Masters level. However, applicants with an iBT score of 88 with at least 21 in each category (or an equivalent) are eligible for immediate entry into the ESLI Pre-Masters Program.
- Selected applicants must successfully complete an entrance interview (which may occur by telephone conference call). The interview evaluates an applicant’s level of maturity, interpersonal skills, career focus, and motivation. For international students, the interview will be deferred until the final semester of the ESLI Pre-Masters Program.
The application process includes submission of an application form, all post-secondary education transcripts, GMAT score (for those students entering the M.B.A. program directly without the ESLI Pre-Masters Program), 2 letters of reference, and a personal statement that illustrates the applicant’s readiness to study in the M.B.A. program.
Entry to the International Specialization is possible most months with the application deadline two months prior to the desired date of entry. Entry dates for the ESLI Pre-Masters Program are at the beginning of January, May, or September. Students should apply to the ESLI/M.B.A. program at least two to four months prior to the desired date of entry to allow for visa and study permit processing.back to top
This page contains official TWU academic program information.