Kirk Mitchell, Director
The purpose of the M.A. in Leadership and M.A. in Educational Leadership programs is to help professional people improve their leadership competence through enhanced commitment, capability, and effectiveness in five specialty areas: business, health, education, non-profit organizations, and Christian ministry.
The goal of the M.A. in Leadership and the M.A. in Educational Leadership programs is to enable participants to:
- Develop a personal value-based foundation for critical and moral evaluation of society, the church, and organizational performance improvement need;
- Develop a personal philosophy of servant leadership;
- Understand leadership and its personal and corporate challenges in a world of shared power and multiple organization leadership levels;
- Appreciate leadership as the establishment of vision that is expressed through service;
- Acquire skills in the formation, direction, motivation, and evaluation of individual and team activities (negotiation, resolution, and positive use of conflict in living and employment circumstances, etc.);
- Ensure better organization performance through strategic leading and commitment to financial accountability; and
- Apply leadership principles in the place of employment and in other areas of life.
Participant performance is evaluated by the Trinity Western University grading policy.
The M.A. in Leadership (Business Stream) in Mandarin has cohort-specific information in each of the Curriculum, Application, Deadlines, and Graduation Requirements sections of this Academic Calendar.
Note: This program is offered under the written consent of the Minister of Advanced Education effective October 13, 2009, having undergone a quality assessment process and been found to meet the criteria established by the minister. Nevertheless, prospective students are responsible for satisfying themselves that the program and the degree will be appropriate to meeting their needs (for example, acceptable to potential employers, professional licensing bodies, or other educational institutions).back to top
This page contains official TWU academic program information.