To be admitted into the M.A. in Leadership and M.A. in Educational Leadership programs, participants are expected to meet the following requirements.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree is required for admission into the M.A. in Leadership program. In the case of the education and health streams, a degree relevant to the field is required. Admission to M.A. in Educational Leadership program requires a B.Ed. degree. In special cases, a combination of education and work experience is considered.
- Every applicant is expected to have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better. Consideration may be given to a lower GPA whenever extenuating circumstances prevail and the applicant can demonstrate ability to study at the graduate level.
- Applicants are expected to have at least three years of professional employment experience before applying to the program, thereby ensuring a high level of interest and learning focus.
- If an applicant is admitted on the basis of special consideration, that participant is on conditional status for the first year of studies.
- All applicants to the program must indicate their acceptance and comfort with the Christian worldview perspective in the program, though they may personally hold an alternate worldview compatible with servant leadership practice.
To be admitted to the M.A. in Leadership (Business Stream) in Mandarin Program, participants are expected to meet the following TWU and program admissions criteria:
- All students are expected to have completed a bachelor- level degree before applying to the program. Preferably, the degree should be in a field related to leadership; however, students with a combination of relevant work experience and partial bachelor-level credentials may be admitted, conditional on demonstrating ability to study at the graduate level during the initial two credit courses;
- The program focuses on the learning needs of middle to senior level business leaders or leaders who are emerging for management job promotion potential;
- All students are expected to have worked for three years prior to applying to the program. Prior work experience improves the quality of interactive and applied learning;
- All students are expected to be proficient in the use of verbal, listening, and reading skills in Mandarin. Al course-work will be taught in Mandarin;
- All admitted students are expected to have a GPA of no less than 3.0, though an occasional exception may be made for special reasons; and
- All applicants must provide a personal statement to describe academic goals, some of the key experiences leading to their desire for academic advancement, and reasons for pursuing this program at Trinity Western University.
All applicants must provide two reference letters, preferably from professional referees. One referee should comment on the applicant’s professional experience, achievements, and leadership potential as well as the applicant’s ability to complete a Canadian Master’s program; the other referee should comment on the applicant’s character.back to top
This page contains official TWU academic program information.