A lot of people ask me what I’m reading.
People who are on my Facebook “friends list” have reported that they consult my favourite books list and some, even, have read them all. This leads to a strange mix of emotions – surprise, humility, anxiety, and inhibition, to name a few.
I have been in a bookclub for over 12 years now, and we are still going strong. Bookclubs have become like a faded beach towel, once bright and welcoming, but now rubbed over a few too many times (thanks, Oprah). Still, every couple of weeks at least, upon hearing about my bookclub, someone new gets starry-eyed and declares, “I would really like to be in a Bookclub” – not so subtle, eh?
I’m not sure why people seem to seek out my literary companionship. But since so many people take pleasure in talking about books, I thought, why not write about books for my summer blog? Now, that very dominant creative voice not so deep inside calls out to me, “Don’t do it! It’s so not original.” I answer, “Thus, the challenge.” So here goes.
Recent Blog Entries...
- Go for a walkby Melinda Dewsbury on Nov. 28th, 2008 at 2:12pm
- Ode to Superstoreby Melinda Dewsbury on Aug. 22nd, 2008 at 2:58pm
- Where is Pollyanna's Albatross?by Melinda Dewsbury on Jul. 24th, 2008 at 4:45pm
- O Brothers!by Melinda Dewsbury on Jul. 17th, 2008 at 11:14am
- Why I love teachingby Melinda Dewsbury on Jul. 11th, 2008 at 1:31pm
- Solitudeby Melinda Dewsbury on Jul. 4th, 2008 at 4:57pm
- June 12, 2008by Melinda Dewsbury on Jun. 12th, 2008 at 8:53am
- June 6, 2008by Melinda Dewsbury on Jun. 6th, 2008 at 4:23pm