Recognizing the interest among many teachers and Christian school leaders, TWU offers a Graduate Certificate in Christian School Education. The purpose of this certificate is to provide teachers with a solid grounding in Christian approaches to education.
This certificate requires 15 hours (5 courses) of graduate level course work that helps teachers develop and apply a Biblical worldview to educational practice. It is intended particularly for practicing teachers who already have a valid teaching certificate.
Course offerings in this certificate include:
- EDUC 540 Christian Approaches to Teaching and Pedagogy# Ex. of EDUC 540 Syllabus
- EDUC 545 Christian Approaches to Assessing and Evaluating Students# Ex. of EDUC 545 Syllabus
- EDUC 548 Providing for Student Diversity in the Classroom# Ex. of EDUC 548 Syllabus
- EDUC 569 Curriculum and Pedagogy: Biblical Studies# Ex. of EDUC 569 Syllabus
- EDUC 620 Worldview Foundations for Educational Leadership#Ex. of EDUC 620 Syllabus*OR EDUC 621 Worldview Foundations of Education#
- EDUC 623 Developing Educational Programs*#Ex. of EDUC 623 syllabus
- EDUC 624 School Leadership and Supervision*#Example of EDUC 624 Syllabus
- A 3 sem. hr. graduate course in Biblical Studies or Theology at TWU or ACTS
- Courses preceded with an * are offered on-line during the academic year; courses marked with an # are offered as summer courses (not necessarily every year).
- Other acceptable summer courses are available from time to time.
- The 600-level courses are also part of the M.A. in Educational Leadership, and may be laddered into that program.
For more information, contact Jonathan Barkowsky, TWU Extension a 604.513.2121 ext. 3078 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org .