Research Grants as Principal Investigator
1. RP950359, Academic Research Fund (ARF) (S$143,400, 1/1996-1/1998): Strategy of Aeromonas hydrophila to enter and multiply inside cultured fish cells.
2. RP960370, ARF (S$140,100, 1/1997-1/2000): Pathogenic mechanisms of Edwardsiella and Vibrio infections in warm water fish.
3. RP972372, ARF (S$144,784, 1/1998-12/2000): Identifying virulent genes and tracking the entry of a fish pathogen, Edwardsiella tarda.
4. RP3992326, ARF (S$85,000, 12/1999-11/2002): Identification, characterization, and biotechnology applications of virulence genes from a common fish pathogen - Edwardsiella tarda.
5. RP3992360, ARF (S$145,300, 4/2000-3/2003): Genomic studies of an economically important fish pathogen, Aeromonas hydrophila.
6. Allocation of Life Science Equipment Fund (S$460,000, 11/2000 to 1/2001): Upgrading proteomics facility.
7. RP01/1/21/19/134, Biomedical Research Council (BMRC) Fund (S$888,690, 5/2002-6/2006): Genomics and proteomics approaches for the characterization of virulence gene clusters in Aeromonas hydrophila.
8. R154-000-158-112, ARF (S$120,000, 7/2002-12/2005): Proteomics and genomics approaches for the characterization of virulence gene clusters in enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli.
9. R154-000-154-720, Lee Hiok Kwee Donation Fund (S$250,000, 6/2002-5/2008): Use of genomics, proteomics, and protein chip technology to study economically important fish pathogens.
10. R154-000-224-112, ARF (S$140,000, 9/2004-8/2007): Characterization of regulators and effectors of novel protein secretion systems in Edwardsiella tarda. This is a collaborative grant with NUS and University of British Columbia, Canada.
11. R154-000-241-305, Biomedical Research Council (BMRC) Fund (S$905,300, 2/2005-7/2008): Studies of bacterial secretion systems as targets for novel antimicrobials.
12. R154-000-286-305, Biomedical Research Council (BMRC) Fund (S$340,000, 4/2006-3/2008): Bacterial virulence factors - function, regulation, variation and interaction with host. This is a collaborative grant with A*STAR, NUS and the University of California, San Diego, USA.
13. R-154-000-368-305, Biomedical Research Council (BMRC) Fund (S$818,760, 4/2008-3/2011): Studies of a novel secretion system (T6SS) of Aeromonas hydrophila and Edwardsiella tarda and therapeutics applications to disarm pathogens.
Research Grants as Co-Principal Investigator
1. LS/99/007, Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC) Fund (S$1,461,289 is the total value and my share is about S$250,000, 1/2001-2/2004): Establishment of a Laboratory of Excellence in Aquatic and Marine Biotechnology (LEAMB).
2. RP01/1/21/17/046, Biomedical Research Council BMRC Fund (S$1,076,500, 7/2002-6/2007): Proteomics of airway inflammation: identification of pathogenic molecules and therapeutic targets.