As a small department, we do not host many seminars, but here are some guest lectures in physics and astronomy which have been held in recent years. We can often tap into lectures series sponsored by the Vancouver Area Science & Religion Forum or the Canadian Association of Physicists.
- Dr. Stanley Greenspoon, Capilano University, "Are We Alone? The Search for Extrasolar Planets and Extraterrestrial Life", 29 March 2016
- Dr. William Whelan, University of Prince Edward Island, "Optoacoustic Imaging: Lightning and Thunder in Tissues", 3 March 2015
- Dr. Michael Woodside, National Institute for Nanotechnology & University of Alberta, "Use the force: Insight into disease from laser-tweezers studies of biological molecules", 21 March 2014
- Dr. Dugan O'Neil, Simon Fraser University, "Hunting (and finding??) the Higgs Boson at the Large Hadron Collider", 27 March 2013
- Dr. Ian Hutchinson, MIT, two talks on 24 January 2013. More information here.
- Dr. Darren Grant, University of Alberta, "Ghosts in the Ice: Searching for the Universe’s Highest Energy Particle at the South Pole", 7 March 2012
- Dr. Hugh Ross, Reasons to Believe, lectures in Fall 2011.
- Dr. Barth Netterfield, University of Toronto, "Looking Back to the Beginning: an astrophysicist discusses microwaves, balloons, and God", 29 March 2011 (You can find the audio files for both the lecture and question period here.)
- Dr. Philippe di Stefano, Queen's University, "From Superconductivity to Supersymmetry: Looking for a Dark Needle in a Haystack", 10 March 2011
- Dr. Geoff Steeves, University of Victoria, "Calling All Astronauts: Canada's 2008/09 Astronaut Recruitment Campaign", 12 March 2010
- Dr. Don Page, University of Alberta, "Religious and Scientific Faith in Simplicity" and "Philosophical and Theological Implications of a Multiverse", 18 March 2010
- Dr. Dennis Danielson, University of British Columbia, "Heirs of Copernicus: Expanding our Cosmic Imagination", 26 October 2009
- Dr. Steven Barr, University of Delaware, "Reductionism, Cosmic Order, and Beauty in the Laws of Nature" and "Modern Physics and Ancient Faith", 3 April 2008
- Dr. Jennifer Wiseman, Hubble Telescope Project Scientist, "The Heavens Declare the Glory of God", "A Magnificent Universe: Newest Discoveries in Astronomy and Implications for Human Significance in the Cosmos", "Science: a Path for Praise, Wisdom and Service", and "Philosophical/Theological Implications of Astronomy", 16-17 October 2006
- Dr. Robert B. Mann, University of Waterloo, "Universal Darwinism and Intelligent Design" and "Einstein, Relativity, and Faith", 18-19 October 2005