STAR SCOTTISH DISTANCE RUNNER JOINS SPARTANS

TRACK & FIELD
THURSDAY, APRIL 25, 2013
RECRUIT

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

STAR SCOTTISH DISTANCE RUNNER JOINS SPARTANS

LANGLEY, British Columbia – The Trinity Western track and field and cross country teams added another Scottish sensation to their already talented stable as middle distance runner Sarah Inglis (Falkirk, Scotland) will join the Spartans for the 2013-14 campaign.

It’s expected the 5-foot-7 Inglis, who graduated from Edinburgh University in 2012 with a Bachelor of Physical Education degree while also earning her teaching certificate, will compete in wide variety of events from the 4x800m relay to the 1000m, 1500m, 3000m and cross country.

Amongst those disciplines, most notably, Inglis has personal best times of 9:26.02 in the 3000m and 4:24.21 in the 1500m.

In cross country, her most impressive result saw her finish 56th in the junior race at the 2010 IAAF World Cross Country Championships in Poland.

This past year, Inglis worked in Scotland as a teacher. She plans to pursue a Master’s Degree in Education Leadership while at TWU.

“I had the pleasure of getting to know Sarah when I was coaching in Scotland, and I know it is going to be fantastic for all parties to see her start graduate work at TWU,” said Spartans coach Laurier Primeau. “This opportunity will be professionally valuable for Sarah but, equally important to her is the notion that she will be able to get back to a schedule that will allow her to prioritize running again; something that has been on the back burner while she completed her teacher training.”  

Inglis added: “I am excited about the opportunity to live, study and train in British Columbia and at TWU. I am looking forward to developing as an athlete through the coaching and athletic environment which TWU offers.”

-TW-

Last Updated: 2013-08-22
Author: Mark Janzen

STATS