WASHINGTON STATE CHAMPION POLE VAULTER JOINS SPARTANS

TRACK & FIELD
TUESDAY, MAY 7, 2013
RECRUIT

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WASHINGTON STATE CHAMPION POLE VAULTER JOINS SPARTANS

LANGLEY, British Columbia – The Trinity Western track and field team bolstered an already strong pole vaulting team with the signing of Nathan Dunford (Bellingham, Wash.), who is the reigning 2A Washington State High School pole vault champion, Tuesday.

The 5-foot-11 Dunford, who will graduate this spring after being homeschooled, joins TWU with a personal best vault of 4.80m; a height that would have earned him both a Canada West gold medal and a CIS bronze medal at this year’s championships.

“Today our team got better and our faith community got stronger,” said Spartans coach Laurier Primeau. “The addition of Nathan to the TWU track and field squad means that we are going to be a formidable vaulting school for the foreseeable future. We expect to see him achieve great things in 2014. Equally important to us is Nathan’s strong grounding in Christ-centered principles and the fact that he comes to us with a high academic history. We look forward to having him join us in September.”

Dunford, who plans to study Business Management along with Sports and Leisure Management while at TWU, currently has a 4.1 GPA.

“I am excited to attend Trinity Western because it gives me the opportunity to continue pole vaulting while training under Rob Pike,” Dunford said. “I am really happy to be staying in the Pacific Northwest and I feel like Trinity Western is a school where I will get an excellent education.”

-TW-

Last Updated: 2013-08-22
Author: Mark Janzen

STATS