Box Score

Scheduled Game: @Utah Valley University

No Stats Available

Game Recap

Game Recap

MEN’S BASKETBALL (NON-CONFERENCE)
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2009
TWU SPARTANS (77) AT THE UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY WOLVERINES (58)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TRINITY WESTERN OVER DIV. I UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY

OREM, Utah – Jacob Doerksen (Abbotsford, B.C.)
with 28 points and 11 rebounds and Louis Hurd (Spokane, Wash.) with 20 points led the Trinity Western University men’s basketball team to a 77-58 victory over NCAA Div. I Utah Valley University Tuesday evening at the McKay Center in Orem, Utah.

“We were solid all over and the guys really executed well,” commented TWU head coach Scott Allen. “The adjustments that we made after the UBC game worked out, and that loss helped us re-evaluate what we are trying to do.”

The Wolverines shot 41.3 percent from the field, while Trinity Western shot 51.7 (31-60) for the game.  The Spartans were outstanding from outside hitting on 14 three point shots of 33 attempts for 42.3 percent accuracy.

The Spartans moved the ball well and led by Calvin Westbrook’s (Courtenay, B.C.) six assists finished with 18 assists as a team. “Calvin was very effective running the point guard position tonight,” commented Allen.

Kevin Woods led the Wolverines with 14 points and six rebounds and Tyray Petty had 10 point and eight rebounds. Jourdain Scoubes and Justin Baker added nine each.

The Wolverines open the regular season Nov. 13 when they host North Dakota State at the McKay Center.

The Spartans will have a day off before taking on Brigham Young University Thursday evening in Provo, Utah. Game time at the Marriott Center is set for 7 p.m. MST.  

TWU’s game at BYU can be seen online at BYU TV at www.byu.tv. Live stats and game audio are also available at www.byucougars.com.

Utah Valley is a member of the NCAA Div. I Great West Conference.

Game Notes: TWU finished with 33 rebounds  to UVU’s 25… the Wolverines only managed four offensive rebounds…the Spartans were 1-2 from the foul line, while the Wolverines were 13-18 for 72.2 percent…

-TW-

Play-by-Play

Play-by-Play

Sports area not defined (mb, wb, ms, ws, wv, wv)

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery