BANMAN FIRST

Banman scores at LEC

Men's Basketball (Alumni)
Friday, April 24, 2009
Milestone

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BANMAN FIRST

LANGLEY, British Columbia - Let it be said that at 4:13 of the first quarter of the IBL Vancouver Titans game against the Snohomish Explosion TWU's Brian Banman (Kelowan, B.C.) became the first Spartan to score a basket in a league game at the new Langley Event Centre.

"I didn't think I would have an opportunity to play here. But things worked out and I got the first opportunity to play so I guess I've got bragging rights over the guys," commented Banman after the game. "It is a beautiful facility and I hope that we can fill this building and that Trinity [Western] will too."

Banman, who completing his Masters in Business Administration from TWU this spring after completing his career with the Spartans, scored a three point basket from the right baseline to give the Titans a 14-13 lead in their home opener at the LEC.

Unfortunately for the Titans it would be the last time that they would lead in the game as they fell 117-109 to the Explosion. "We struggled offensively today and we might have had a bit of first game jitters but we will get over that," added Banman.

The 6'3" shooting guard finished the game with six points on two for five shooting in 13 minutes of play for the 3-2 Titans.

The TWU Spartans men's basketball team, who earlier in the day signed Tyrell Mara son of Titans President Jonathan Mara, will begin play at the LEC beginning in the fall of 2009.

-TW-

Last Updated: 2009-06-20
Author: Scott Stewart