Doug Trick, D.Min.
Instructor in Linguistics & M.L.E. Program Director
Doctor of Ministry in Bible Translation (Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary) 2013; MA Linguistics with Honours (University of Texas, Arlington) 1980; Bachelor of Religious Education (Providence College) 1977
- 2013 Optimizing Translation Training at Canada Institute of Linguistics. Thesis Project for DMin in Bible Translation. Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
- 2011 “Assumed and trusted similarity” – when we’ve translated, what is it that we’ve done? Paper presented to Bible Translation 2011, Dallas, TX, USA.
- 2008 Ergative Control of Syntactic Processes In Southern Sinama. Studies in Phillipine Languages and Cultures. 19:184-201.
- 2004 Serving as a Consultant to Dictionary Compilers. (Paper presented at Lexicography Conference, Payap University Linguistics Department, Chiangmai, Thailand (24-26 May 2004.)
- 2004 Questions for Testing Translations: Genesis. SIL & UBS: Translators' Workplace 4.0.
- 2001 Serving as consultant to larger teams. SIL: Lingualinks 5.0 (Consulting Books
Courses Taught at TWU
- Principles of Translation
- Philosophical Perspectives in Linguistics
- Language Program Design and Management