Duncan Dixon, M.Ed., M.L.I.S.
Assistant Librarian: Reference and Information Literacy
- B.A. (University of Manitoba)
- Diploma in Secondary Education (University of Victoria)
- M.Ed. (University of British Columbia)
- Certificate in Instructional Technology (San Diego State University)
- M.L.I.S. (University of British Columbia)
Research & Scholarship
Patient- and family-reported experience and outcome measures for elderly acute care patients. R. Sawatzky (principal investigator). Co-investigators: S. Bryan, R. Cohen, D. Dixon, A. Gadermann, K. Schick Makaroff; K. Stajduhar. Knowledge users: C. Tayler (principal knowledge user), D. Roberts, J. Lett, L. Cuthbertson, M. McGregor; N. Hilliard. Technology Evaluation in the Elderly Network (2013-2014, $49,972)
Chan, E.K.H., Sawatzky, R., Dixon, D., Wolfs, D.M., Gadermann, A. (October, 2014). Bibliometric analysis of PROMs and PREMs for elderly patients in acute care. International Society of Quality of Life Research Conference, Berlin. Quality of Life Research, 23(1): p 19.
Sawatzky, R., Dixon, D., Voth, J., Lee, J., Stajduhar, K. (April 2014). Identifying documents relevant to nebulous topics: The case of a “palliative approach”, 20th Annual Cochrane Canada Symposium, Ottawa, 2014, Canada.
Sawatzky, R., Chan, E. K. H., Dixon, D., Wolfs, D. M., Gadermann, A. M., Cohen, S. R., & PROM-PREM Knowledge Synthesis Team. (September, 2014). Patient- and family-reported outcome and experience measures for seriously ill elderly patients. Poster presented at the 20th International Congress on Palliative Care, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Sawatzky, R., Porterfield, P., Lee, J., Dixon, D., Lounsbury, K., Pesut, B., … Stajduhar, K. (2016). Conceptual foundations of a palliative approach: a knowledge synthesis. BMC Palliative Care, 15, 5. http://doi.org/10.1186/s12904-016-0076-9
Chan, E. K., Sawatzky, R., Dixon, D., Wolfs, D. M., & Gadermann, A. M. (2014, October). Bibliometric Analysis of PROMs and PREMs for Elderly Patients in Acute Care. In Quality of Life Research (Vol. 23, pp. 19-20). Van Godewijckstraat 30, 3311 GZ Dordrecht, Netherlands: Springer.
Courses Taught at TWU
- COMM 110 Research and Writing in Communications (Research component)
- RES 500 Research Strategies
- NURS 124 Communication & Health Teaching (Research component)
- NURS 332 Nursing Research (Systematic database search component)
- NURS 520 Knowledge Synthesis (Research component)