Duncan Dixon, M.Ed., M.L.I.S.
Assistant Librarian: Reference and Information Literacy
- B.A. (University of Manitoba)
- Diploma in Secondary Education (University of Victoria)
- M.Ed. (University of British Columbia)
- Certificate in Instructional Technology (San Diego State University)
- M.L.I.S. (University of British Columbia)
Research & Scholarship
Patient- and family-reported experience and outcome measures for elderly acute care patients. R. Sawatzky (principal investigator). Co-investigators: S. Bryan, R. Cohen, D. Dixon, A. Gadermann, K. Schick Makaroff; K. Stajduhar. Knowledge users: C. Tayler (principal knowledge user), D. Roberts, J. Lett, L. Cuthbertson, M. McGregor; N. Hilliard. Technology Evaluation in the Elderly Network (2013-2014, $49,972)
Chan, E.K.H., Sawatzky, R., Dixon, D., Wolfs, D.M., Gadermann, A. (October, 2014). Bibliometric analysis of PROMs and PREMs for elderly patients in acute care. International Society of Quality of Life Research Conference, Berlin. Quality of Life Research, 23(1): p 19.
Sawatzky, R., Dixon, D., Voth, J., Lee, J., Stajduhar, K. (April 2014). Identifying documents relevant to nebulous topics: The case of a “palliative approach”, 20th Annual Cochrane Canada Symposium, Ottawa, 2014, Canada.
Sawatzky, R., Chan, E. K. H., Dixon, D., Wolfs, D. M., Gadermann, A. M., Cohen, S. R., & PROM-PREM Knowledge Synthesis Team. (September, 2014). Patient- and family-reported outcome and experience measures for seriously ill elderly patients. Poster presented at the 20th International Congress on Palliative Care, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Courses Taught at TWU
- COMM 110 Research and Writing in Communications (Research component)
- RES 500 Research Strategies
- NURS 332 Nursing Research (Systematic database search component)
- NURS 520 Knowledge Synthesis (Research component)