Phillip Wiebe, Ph.D.
Professor of Philosophy; MAIH
B.A., M.A. (Manitoba) Ph.D. (Adelaide).
- "Religious Experience, Cognitive Science, and the Future of Religion," The Oxford Handbook of Religion and Science, pp. 502-22, ed. Philip Clayton and Zachary Simpson. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Visions of Jesus: Direct Encounters from the New Testament to Today. New York: Oxford University Press, 1997.
- "Critical Reflections on Christic Visions," Journal of Consciousness Studies, Controversies in Science and the Humanities (Special Issue: Cognitive Models and Spiritual Maps. Edited by Jensine Andresen and Robert K. C. Forman), 7 (2000): 119-44.
- God and Other Spirits: Intimations of Transcendence in Christian Faith. New York: Oxford University Press, 2004.
- "Finite Spirits as Theoretical Entities," Religious Studies, 40 (200dublin4): 341-50.
- "Degrees of Hallucinatoriness and Christic Visions," Archiv für Religionspsychologie, 24 (2004): 201-22.
Notable accomplishments and experiences
- Commonwealth Scholarship to Australia, 1970-73.
- Invited lecturer, Lublin Catholic University, April 2002.
- St. Francis Xavier University, September 2002.
Phillip Wiebe works in School of Graduate Studies in the department of MAIH.