Feature Card Small
What is happening in each stage of the process...
STRATEGIC HR ANALYSIS AND PLANNING
- Assessment of staffing needs based on people requirements of Business Plan; current vacancies; approved budget and budget priorities; succession plans etc.
- Assessment of talent supply, i.e. skills, competencies, experience, interests of existing human resources
- Organizational structure and job descriptions based on needs assessment, compensation system
- Accurate and timely HRMS and Payroll data processing and services
RECRUITMENT, SELECTION, AND ORIENTATION
- Recruitment strategies including targeted advertising; equitable screening process
- Consistent organizational selection strategies; customized to department/faculty needs; multi-faceted
- Effective and creative orientation to organization, department and position for all faculty, staff and student employees
DEVELOPMENT, ASSESSMENT, AND RECOGNITION
- Assessment of training and development needs including leadership potential
- Internal and external training and professional development for skills training; leadership development
- Coaching and Mentoring programs
- Performance review and performance management policies and programs
SUSTAINING A RENOWNED EMPLOYMENT ENVIRONMENT
- Recognition programs for years of service, community involvement, etc.
- Employee surveys, community forums and other opportunities for input and feedback
- Wellness and employee assistance policies and programs
- Team building/trust-building strategies; open communication