The Student Success Centre partners with many faculty and staff around TWU to help students grow in their academic and career decisions. We invite you to use our referral form when recommending students to visit with us for career planning.
Below are some common questions faculty and staff have. If the information below does not answer your question feel free to call (604) 513-2017 or email.
How can Career Development support your educational objectives?
- Facilitate career exploration in your courses (e.g. class presentations, workshops, assignments that require use of The Student Success Centre's resources).
- Enable students to obtain work experience related to your majors through our co-operative education program. With the assistance of our co-op education specialist, students find relevant employment and ask the department to recognize their work term as a non-credit component of their program. They receive a co-operative education certificate with their degree. The co-op work term helps them test their career aspirations and gives them a head start when they enter employment.
- Provide support services for credit internships, practica, etc., your department develops. Universities normally utilize their career centre's responsibility for relations with outside employers, work opportunities, and employment counseling to promote their internship curricula, cultivate internship opportunities, and set up internships.
- Disburse literature regarding curricular opportunities beyond the classroom (e.g. work experience, travel studies).
- Furnish resources that help you counsel students and promote your courses (e.g., handouts regarding career paths from your majors).
- Assist you and/or your faculty student association to plan career events (e.g. job fairs, seminars and workshops).
Come in and get to know us and discover what we can do for you. Our staff will be happy to show you our collection of services and resources. We are located directly above the bookstore in Reimer Student Centre.