This section provides explanations regarding various program deadlines.
Research Office's Internal Deadline
The RO deadline is 2 weeks before the sponsor deadline for most applications and proposals. Two weeks provides RO with time to review the application package and return it to the researcher in the event that any changes are required before the submission.
Exceptions to the two week deadline are Canada Research Chairs (CRC), Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI), and RO-Administered Internal Grants. Applicants are encourages to work with RO at the earliest stage of application.
Other programs may have exceptions as well. These exceptions are communicated to researchers via group email list.
Other Internal Deadlines
Some units may have their own internal review deadlines. Applicants should check with their department, faculty to see if there are internal deadlines for review and signing of applications/proposals.
Selected agency deadlines are listed in the Important Deadline Section. These deadlines are obtained from agency websites but are subject to change. Prospective applicants are encouraged to review agency websites and correspondence for current deadline dates.
Research Opportunities Bulletins
External Funding Opportunities
- BIGonline: A North American database listing up-to-date national and international government and private funding sources. Access is restricted to Trinity Western University based inquiries.
- Environment Canada
- University of Toronto Database: Provides information on awards, honours, and prizes which have an upcoming application deadline.
- McMaster University Database: alphabetical list of funding organizations
- CORDIS: Information about Research & Development sponsored by the European Union.
- GrantsNet Searchable Database: US based agencies with the focus on medical and biological sciences.
- Vancouver Foundation Database
Other Funding Agencies (Canadian)
- BC Innovation Council
- Canada Council for the Arts
- Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Canadian Diabetes Association
- Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research (CANFAR)
- Canadian Funding Sources for Learning Technologies Developers
- Canadian Health Services Research Foundation
- Canadian Heritage
- Canadian Network for the Advancement of Research, Industry and Technology (CANARIE)
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute
- Genome Canada
- Health Canada
- Industry Canada
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Manning Innovation Awards
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
- MITACS Accelerate Canada
- Occupational Health and Safety Agency for Healthcare in BC (OHSAH)
- The Daniel Langois Foundation for Art, Science and Technology
- The Metropolis Project
Forum for research and policy on migration, diversity and changing cities.
- The Royal Society of Canada
USA Granting Agencies
Christian Funding Agencies
- American Academy of Religion
- Association for the Sociology of Religion
- Association of Theological Schools, Lilly Program
- Institute for Research on Unlimited Love
Funding for research on love in a variety of disciplines.
- Louisville Institute
- Religious Research Association
- Society for the Scientific Study of Religion
- Templeton Foundation
Encouraging researchers to ask the big questions.
- Wabash Center