Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research (CIMVHR)
To be submitted May 30, 2015. "The Determinants of a Successful Transition from Military to Civilian Life" and Statement of Work
|October 30, 2015||Deadline to apply for the second Canada First Research Excellence Fund inaugural competition|
SSHRC Insight Grant Updates
Important changes will be made to the Insight Grants (IG) funding opportunity for the October 2015 competition:
- Elimination of the Notice of Intent (NOI)
- Submission of IG applications through the Research portal
- CCV required for applicants and co-applicants
- No CV required for collaborators
- New participant module
- Creation of a multidisciplinary committee within each research group when the number of applications makes it possible. The applicant will need to click the « multidisciplinary evaluation » box.
In addition, in an effort to address falling success rates in Insight Grants, SSHRC will implement the following measures:
- Reduction of the maximum grant to $400K
- Reduction of the annual maximum to $100K
- Clearer directives to adjudication committee members regarding their role in scrutinizing grant budgets
- Implementation of a committee budget envelope to encourage greater scrutiny.
More information will be forthcoming in the coming weeks; however, do not hesitate to contact us in the meantime should you have questions.
The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship (GRI) is now accepting faculty submissions for summer 2016. GRI pairs faculty in Canada with international undergrads for 12-week research projects from May to September.
- All disciplines eligible
- Top-ranked senior undergrads from Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Mexico, Tunisia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Vietnam
- Graduate recruitment: returning interns eligible for Globalink Graduate Fellowship funding
Research Office's Internal Deadline
The RO deadline is 2 weeks before the sponsor deadline for most applications and proposals. Two weeks provides RO with time to review the application package and return it to the researcher in the event that any changes are required before the submission.
Exceptions to the two week deadline are Canada Research Chairs (CRC), Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI), and RO-Administered Internal Grants. Applicants are encourages to work with RO at the earliest stage of application.
Other programs may have exceptions as well. These exceptions are communicated to researchers via group email list.
Other Internal Deadlines
Some units may have their own internal review deadlines. Applicants should check with their department, faculty to see if there are internal deadlines for review and signing of applications/proposals.
Selected agency deadlines are listed in the Important Deadline Section. These deadlines are obtained from agency websites but are subject to change. Prospective applicants are encouraged to review agency websites and correspondence for current deadline dates.
- University of Toronto Database: Provides information on awards, honours, and prizes which have an upcoming application deadline.
- CORDIS: Information about Research & Development sponsored by the European Union.
- Institute of Education Sciences
- Science Careers: From the Journal Science
- Vancouver Foundation Database
Other Funding Agencies (Canadian)
- BC Innovation Council
- Canada Council for the Arts
- Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Canadian Diabetes Association
- Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research (CANFAR)
- Canadian Funding Sources for Learning Technologies Developers
- Canadian Heritage
- Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research (CIMVHR)
- Canadian Network for the Advancement of Research, Industry and Technology (CANARIE)
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute
- Genome Canada
- Health Canada
- Industry Canada
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Manning Innovation Awards
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
- MITACS Accelerate Canada Mitacs Power Point Presentation
- Occupational Health and Safety Agency for Healthcare in BC (OHSAH)
- The Daniel Langois Foundation for Art, Science and Technology
- The Metropolis Project
Forum for research and policy on migration, diversity and changing cities.
- The Royal Society of Canada
USA Granting Agencies
Christian Funding Agencies
- American Academy of Religion
- Association for the Sociology of Religion
- Association of Theological Schools, Lilly Program
- Religious Research Association
- Society for the Scientific Study of Religion
- Templeton Foundation
- Wabash Center