3 Minute Thesis Competition
DATE: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 29, 2017 | 6:00 PM
LOCATION: NORTHWEST BUILDING AUDITORIUM, TWU
Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) is an academic speech competition developed by The University of Queensland for research students. Students have three minutes to present a compelling oration on their thesis and its significance. 3MT is not an exercise in trivializing or ‘dumbing-down’ your research, but rather a challenge to consolidate your ideas and research discoveries so they can be presented concisely to a non-specialist audience.
WHO CAN COMPETE?
The competition is open to all graduate students at TWU engaged in research-based programs (i.e. eligible for Tri-Agency funding).
This is a great opportunity to:
- WIN PRIZES!
- explain why your research is compelling and valuable
- connect with faculty, researchers, and other graduate students
- compete for a spot in the Western Division competition
- and, possibly, the national competition
- help promote community involvement and awareness of important research in Graduate Studies at TWU
- WIN PRIZES!
For those not choosing to compete, this is a chance to come out and support your friends. While a select panel will judge the competition, one of the winners will be chosen by the audience.
This competition is hosted by the Office of Research and Graduate Studies at TWU. Enquiries can be directed to:
Diane Beaton, Graduate Studies Office Manager
604.513.2121 ext. 3394 | email@example.com
3MT® developed by The University of Queensland