What is AT1?
If you are also adjusting to a new place, a new culture, a new language, and new ways of learning, this first year is often very, very challenging.
The AT1 Year is designed with you in mind as we walk through this first year together.
WHAT IS THE AT1 YEAR?
- It is the first year of your TWU degree (27 semester hours or more). You are a regular, full time TWU student.
- Your courses are with other global students.
- All of your professors are regular fully qualified TWU faculty.
In addition to your class time, you will also have an assigned learning coach as part of thes program. Additional time with your learning coach is avaliable to you to help you with readings, assignments, writing, and more. In addition to a learning coach you will also have an academic advisor to help you with all of your questions. When you complete AT1, you become a second year university student, and you can complete your university degree in four years or less. Regular TWU tuition rates apply. There are no additional or hidden fees.
WHAT THE AT1 YEAR IS NOT:
- AT1 is NOT an ESL program and it does not include any ESL classes. All of the courses are part of the regular TWU curriculm. All courses are credit bearing classes and will contribute to your university degree.
- AT1 is NOT a separate school. The courses and grades are recorded on your TWU transcript. They are not separated in any way because they are part of your degree.
- Entering AT1 does NOT mean that you need more time to graduate. You can graduate in 4 years or even less.