Active and engaged members of the TWU Alumni Network will be living representations of the University’s mission fulfilled. Because of this, TWU Alumni exists to:
Develop and nurture an engaged, worldwide community of alumni who live out their faith with integrity, proudly represent Trinity Western University, and support its mission to create godly Christian leaders with thoroughly Christian minds.
We seek to inspire a vital network of alumni who make extraordinary contributions in the world by living as agents of hope, healing, and renewal.
Every student who completes at least 15 credit hours at Trinity Western University is considered an alumnus and can rightly say that they belong to the vibrant Trinity Western community. But beyond this technical reality is a truth far more incredible. We don’t just belong to a university or a community, we belong to Christ, and out of this vital fellowship and abundance of life, we come to realize that we are in fact brothers and sisters in Him.
In light of this, TWU Alumni will be encouraged to:
- Reconnect and engage with TWU and the transformational community they experienced as a student.
- Build meaningful relationships by being fully and faithfully present with others in their communities and in the global alumni network.
The first the work of God is that of drawing us to Jesus, through the power of the Holy Spirit. Students at Trinity Western University experience a piece of what that is like through interactions with many of their professors, through the initiatives of Student Life, and through the vibrant Christian community on campus. Trinity Western students grow in a multitude of ways, but that growth does not have to end once they leave campus.
As they continue to mature and develop their skills, TWU Alumni will be encouraged to:
- Expand knowledge while continuously studying the subjects that interested them as students and applying what they learned in their places of work.
- Grow as disciples of Jesus Christ who live as ambassadors of His love and reconciliation to the world.
Part of the Trinity Western experience is the process of being built up as Christ-minded, servant leaders. What students learn and experience first-hand can be put into practice later in life as alumni, who reinvest their time, talent, treasure into the next generation. In this way, service becomes the outworking of their growth.
By serving one another and the University as ambassadors of Christ to the world, TWU Alumni will be able to make a greater difference in their communities and be able to help raise the global reputation of Trinity Western University.
In this way, TWU Alumni will be encouraged to:
- Serve faithfully their local neighborhoods and one another through area chapters, mentorship initiatives, and other volunteer opportunities.
- Promote and support TWU as it seeks to accomplish its mission to develop Godly Christian leaders with thoroughly Christian minds.