What Will The Degree Cost?
The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies tuition rate for the 2016-2017 academic year is $680 (CDN) per semester hour. The tuition costs of the 30-credit program would be $20,400 (CDN).
The Certificate in Biblical Studies tuition rate for the 2016-2017 academic year is $705 (CDN) per semester hour. The tuition costs of the 15-credit program would be $10,575 (CDN).
Fee and Payment Information
Detailed information about fees, payment options and payment methods is available on the Office of the Registrar website.
How Do I Fund My MA?
TWU Scholarships and Awards
Funding for students enrolled in the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies program is available in a combination of scholarships and grants.
- TWU Dean’s Scholarships - Graduate Entrance awards of up to $5,000
- TWU Graduate Scholarships – GPA-based scholarships of $500 to $1,500 each
- TWU Graduate Grants – Needs-based grants of $500 to $1,500 each
- TWU Endowment Awards – Available Endowment Awards are listed here
To apply for Financial Aid and be considered for the Dean’s Scholarships, Graduate Scholarships, Graduate Grants, and Endowment Awards upon admission to the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies, please fill out the application found here:
Deadline to apply for the 2018-2019 academic year: May 30, 2018
OTHER FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
Students may also pursue teaching and research assistantships and external funding.
- SSHRC’s Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Scholarships Program - $17,500. Canadian graduate students who are not yet in their thesis year of the MA program may apply for a $17,500 SHRCC scholarship. Previous recipients include Daniel Hawkins (16-17), Matthew Hama (15-16), Scott Bailey (10-11), Andrew Perrin (08-09; Doctoral Scholarship, 09-10), Ted Erho (06-07), Fred Tappenden (05-06), and Shawn Flynn (04-05). For further information visit SSHRC’s website.
- Teaching Assistant Positions – Up to $1000. Students may apply to be a teaching assistant for a faculty member. Payment is on an hourly basis for tasks such as grading assignments and teaching a class when the professor is away. For inquiries or to indicate interest, contact the MA Director, Dr. Craig Allert (firstname.lastname@example.org).
STUDENT LOAN Options
International students may qualify for government student loans granted by their home country. Students should refer to the foreign school policies for their student loans in their home country. Banking institutions in Canada offer student lines of credit to those who have a credit history in Canada. Otherwise, it is recommended to research options in their home country.
For more information regarding student loan options, please contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com.
For more information, please contact Jocelyn Chapman, Program Coordinator for the MA in Biblical Studies – firstname.lastname@example.org.