Financial support, grants, and funding opportunities
There are pots of funding for people to stay employed, create work, and make a living. Application dates are shifting, and new programs are being introduced every day. Be sure to bookmark each page and check regularly for new updates.
Here are a few to know about:
- Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) *announced April 22
- For international students working in essential services to fight COVID-19 *announced April 22
- Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ)
- Federal Student Work Experience (FSWEP)
- Futurpreneur Canada Startup
- Community Futures
We understand the COVID-19 pandemic disrupts many students' employment situations. We compiled these resources to help students find part-time, remote, and work-from-home opportunities. Please reach out by email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more support. We offer resume coaching, and we are holding practice interviews through Zoom – send an email to book a time!
Some tips to help you maximize your job search:
- Be open-minded when it comes to opportunities and make sure to broaden your job search to include a range of sources.
- Keep in mind that many organizations do not post on job listing sites, and you will need to visit their Careers pages.
- Also, bookmark this site where we will update a list of employers that are currently hiring.
- Check out our Linkedin page for regular work opportunities!
Click on the links to find employers and postions that are actively hiring:
TWU Career Connect (employers are still posting here for you!)
Critical hiring from Provincial Health Services Authorities (PHSA)
Milieu – A province (BC) wide children and family services provider.
Looking for a career where you can make a difference in the lives of seniors? If you are committed to our values and want to have a lot of fun, come join the team!
Chilliwack Society for Community Living
Click on Online application form and then find the “Employment Application Process” drop down box. There you will find the link to the online application form, as well as the required pre-hire documentation.
Pre-hire documentation can be submitted by email at email@example.com, by fax at 604-792-7962.
Communitas Supportive Care Society
Temporary Residential Support Workers in Fort Langley, Aldergrove, Abbotsford and Chilliwack. If there are students living on Vancouver Island and are looking for work near Campbell River and Courtenay, we are looking for temporary Residential Support Workers there as well! Contact the Recruitment Team by calling 604-850-6608 or email for more information to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a full time or part time team member to join us for the summer (and onwards if your school schedule permits)! Duties include customer service, point of sale transactions, stocking shelves, and merchandising. Must be able and willing to assist and lift with some heavy gardening equipment. We are open 7 days a week 9:30-5 (Sundays 10:30-5). Please email your resume, availability, and any days off needed for the summer months to email@example.com