Feature Card Small
SPRING 2021 SEMESTER (JANUARY TO APRIL)
Current Campus Residents
- Quarantine information will be provided directly to each resident via email as well as housing and residence life staff.
- For students unable to quarantine on campus, or unable to arrive between January 4-7, 2021, the following hotel is offering a discount to TWU students:
Commuters living in Canada
- You may be able to return to your current living situation. Make sure you compare your accommodations with the government’s requirements for a suitable quarantine
- If you are unable to quarantine in your current living situation, the following hotel is offering a discount to TWU students:
- New Spring semester students will need to complete their quarantine off campus prior to moving on campus for the semester. TWU is not able to provide accommodations on campus in the same way we were able prior to the fall semester when the campus was mostly vacant. Acceptable off-campus options include staying with extended family or friends, an Air B+B or a hotels, and students may select the option that works best for them. In order to help students with the process, TWU has negotiated a good discount with a local hotel:
New Commuter Students
- You may be able quarantine in your spring semester living situation. Make sure you compare your accommodations with the government’s requirements for a suitable quarantine
- If you are unable to quarantine in your spring semester living situation, the following hotel is offering a discount to TWU students:
Traveling from point of entry
Ensure you have a suitable travel plan to get to your quarantine location.
- Students traveling across the border by car: Travelling by private vehicle is an acceptable transportation plan. Remember that it is likely not possible for family members to travel across the border with you! Even if they are allowed to enter Canada, they will also have to provide an acceptable 14-day self-isolation plan.
- Students arriving via airplane may travel from the airport to quarantine in the following ways:
- With a friend in a private car (The passenger should ride in the back seat and both individuals should wear masks)
- In a taxi (expect prices to be about $105 plus gratuity)
- Via ride-hailing (Lyft or Uber; expect prices to be about $65–$75)
Registering your quarantine plan
- The Canadian government has created an app—ArriveCAN (Apple or Android)—that students should download; it contains a form to be submitted up to 24 hours prior to arriving in Canada. The form will ask for the following information:
- Details about your travel to Canada (e.g., flight number or border crossing)
- Details about your destination
- Housing type: (If at TWU: rental accommodation)
- Address: (TWU Address is 22500 University Drive, Langley, BC V2Y 1Y1)
- Your contact details (email and mobile)
- Details about your isolation location. The following details are requirements for an acceptable quarantine location, and a TWU quarantine will meet all of these requirements:
- You have a private room and bathroom.
- Your living arrangement should not be in a location with vulnerable individuals.
- The accommodations are not a group-living arrangement.
- You will have help with food delivery and other necessities.
- Look for a “token” number at the border entry. Once you have entered that number, you can submit your form.