The information below outlines financial supports available to TWU students enrolled in undergraduate studies (specific eligibility below).
It includes the new Journey Forward Grant, TWU Scholarships, and financial aid. If you do not meet the eligibility requirements below but are experiencing financial hardship, please contact a Financial Aid Counsellor.
- Enrolled in a traditional undergraduate program (does not include ADC, IDC, U1, Casual Studies or certificate programs)
- Enrolled in full-time studies (minimum 12 credits per semester)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00
- This grant, including any other TWU awards, cannot exceed the cost of tuition
- Torch Scholarship recipients are not eligible for the Journey Forward Grant
Journey Forward Grant
We understand that financial circumstances are unique for each student and their family and that students may be facing an increased economic burden due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In response, we have created a one-time Journey Forward Grant of up to $2,000, available to full-time undergraduate students enrolled in eligible programs for the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters.
Amounts are split between Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters and will be prorated to course load.
|course load||fall semester||spring semester||total|
Students with demonstrated financial need may be eligible for additional funding, up to a total maximum of $2,000, depending on course load.
If you have already completed a needs assessment, you do not have to reapply, but if you have not, please follow the steps below.
- New Students:
- Returning Students:
Scholarships & Need-Based Aid
TWU ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS
- New Students
- When you complete your admissions application, you will be evaluated for an academic scholarship. If eligible, your scholarship offer will be included in the acceptance letter.
- Returning Students
- Apply for an academic scholarship by logging into the Financial Aid Portal using your TWUPass. Your cumulative GPA will be used for evaluation of an academic scholarship.
TWU FINANCIAL NEED-BASED AID
To apply for financial need-based aid, log in to the Financial Aid Portal using your TWUPass and complete the TWU Need Assessment.