For Canadian and International Students (new to TWU)
Step 1: Apply for admission to TWU
Complete the TWU admissions application. Once you have been accepted to TWU, you can begin the financial aid process.
Step 2: Complete the TWU financial need assessment
- The financial need assessment is required to apply for need-based aid. It is not required for merit-based aid.
- If you are a dependent student, a parent will be required to complete a portion of the application.
Step 3: Apply for TWU scholarships and grants
- The priority application deadline for competitive awards is March 15. The applications and required materials for competitive awards listed below must be received by the financial aid office on March 15:
- Endowment Awards
- Leadership Entrance Scholarship
- Music Scholarship
- Theatre Scholarship
Step 4: Receive your estimated financial aid email
- Our office may send an estimated financial aid offer via email within three weeks after the TWU need assessment has been received. This initial offer may not be the last offer – it is generally a starting point. Competitive awards (leadership, endowments, music, and theatre scholarships) are usually awarded in April.
Step 5: Accept your award offer
On June 1st you will be able to review and accept your award offer. Once accepted, your awards will be reflected on the student financial statement and the balance owing will be reduced.