Feature Card Small
Incoming American students (new to TWU)
Step 1: Apply for admission to TWU
Complete the TWU admissions application.
Step 2: File the FAFSA
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://fafsa.gov. The FAFSA is available on October 1st. The FAFSA is required to apply for TWU need-based aid.
- To complete the FAFSA, you and your parent (if you are a dependent student) will need to create an FSA ID. This can also be done at http://fafsa.gov.
- Include Trinity Western University’s federal school code G09486 on the FAFSA so we can retrieve your file.
- After submitting the FAFSA, you will receive your SAR (student aid report). Review for accuracy. Corrections on the FAFSA can be submitted at https://fafsa.gov/.
Step 3: Apply for TWU scholarships and grants
- You will be able to apply TWU scholarships and grants once you have been accepted to TWU.
- The priority application deadline for competitive awards is March 15. The applications and required materials for competitive awards listed below must be received by the financial aid office on March 15:
- Endowment Awards
- Leadership Entrance Scholarship
- Music Scholarship
- Theatre Scholarship
Step 4: Receive your estimated financial aid email
- Our office may send an estimated financial aid offer via email within three weeks after the FAFSA has been received. This initial offer may not be the last offer – it is generally a starting point. Competitive awards (leadership, athletic, endowments, music, and theatre scholarships) are usually awarded in April.
Step 5: Accept your award offer
- On June 1st you will be able to review and accept your award offer. Once accepted, your awards will be reflected on the student financial statement and the balance owing will be reduced.
o U.S. students attending a Canadian school are not eligible for the Pell Grant or any other federal or state grants.