Make Parliament Hill your classroom!
Present your class with a rare and unforgettable week in our nation’s capital. The Ottawa Youth Leadership Program will give your students a unique inside look at Canadian government, law, history, and culture. It is designed for Grade 11 and 12 and can accommodate classes up to 20 students.
You and your students will stay in a heritage mansion, the Laurentian Leadership Centre (LLC) of Trinity Western University, built in 1909 by J. R. Booth. This beautiful space, located in downtown Ottawa, is just a 10-minute walk from Parliament Hill. Students will venture on tours of Parliament and Courts while learning from leaders in politics, media, government, and NGOs. They will have the opportunity to visit Ottawa’s world-class museums as well as meet your local Member of Parliament.
The Leadership program is organized by a selected Program Coordinator in partnership with a teacher that will be attending your class tours. Doing so will create an individualized experience based on the interests of your students.
The LLC is a satellite campus of Trinity Western University—Canada’s premier Christian liberal arts university. The week-long program is interwoven with Christian perspectives and values. It is a wonderful stepping stone that will pique the interest of your students and shift their perspective to preparing for university and their future careers!
AN INSPIRATIONAL, TAILOR-MADE EXPERIENCE
Our staff will be flexible to work with you in order to create the best week for your class. Our program fee for the building rental, food, and program coordination is an estimated $3,000 + HST; your invoice will include a full fee breakdown. This does not include the accommodation cost of $175.00 + HST per person staying at the LLC. Final prices depend on the number of students/chaperones attending.
PROGRAM CAN INCLUDE:
- Six nights’ shared accommodation in a national heritage site in downtown Ottawa
- Six continental-style breakfasts and lunches
- Six dinners prepared by our in-house chef
- Lessons from speakers and leaders in the Canadian public sphere
- Organized tours of significant sites in the city: Parliament Buildings, the Supreme Court, Rideau Hall, the Royal Mint, etc. (subject to availability)
- One museum visit (speak with the Program Coordinator if you would like to visit more)
- A computer or workroom as well as Wi-Fi throughout the building
- Each student will gain a Leadership Certificate from the Ottawa Youth Leadership Program
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started on an unforgettable class experience!