The Centre for Accessible Learning provides academic assistance for students with documented disabilities. Learning and environmental support is available that focuses on providing a level playing field in terms of academic achievement.
TWU’s CAL works on a model of self-advocacy. This means students desiring support and services must:
- Initiate contact with the Director of Accessible Learning
- Follow the steps to request services.
- Participate in ongoing dialogue with Centre for Accessible Learning staff.
As the primary contact point for any student with a disability, the CAL provides supports to students with disabilities, which includes communicating with the student, faculty, and other university departments to support a student’s educational endeavours.
Services that are provided by the Centre for Accessible Learning include:
- Follow up on student requests for academic accommodations per Equitable Access Policy for Students with Disabilities.
- Referrals as needed.
- To problem solve with and point students in the right direction for appropriate support and services.
A Note About Confidentiality