Over the past few years, we have prayed for a variety of requests, including the financial needs of some of our students and have seen God provide funds in amazing ways. We have had students experience the death of a parent, and our prayer groups have held them up before the Lord and they have experienced God's peace that passes all understanding. We have prayed for students with anxiety or other health issues and seen God at work. We pray for our students during exams, while traveling with sport teams or on missions trips. We also pray for our legal challenges. Through our prayer groups, we have have seen answered prayers, caring communities, and new friendships form. We invite you to be engaged in a group. If there is no group in your area, contact us at email@example.com and we can help you start one!
Currently, prayer groups have or will be held in: Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Stouffville, Markham, New Market, Uxbridge, Oakville, Hamilton, Ancaster, Burlington, Stoney Creek, Toronto, Mississauga, Milton, Brampton, London, Strathroy, Woodstock, Stratford, Oshawa, Ajax, Bowmanville, Scarborough, Ottawa, Collingwood, Owen Sound, Egmonville, Goderich, St. Catherine’s, Kitchener, Niagara, Cambridge Guelph, Kingston, Langley, Surrey, Richmond, West Vancouver, Terrace, Kelowna, Comox, Victoria, Chilliwack, Maple Ridge, Abbotsford, Smithers, Merritt, Lynden, WA, and even on the TWU Campus (Prayer Walk).
If you are willing to host a group, we would be delighted to work with you on this. If you can't get to a prayer group, please know we commit to pray for requests sent to us. To submit a request, firstname.lastname@example.org where it will be posted anonymously (unless otherwise requested). We welcome anyone to visit this TWU parent prayer site and appreciate your prayers for the needs posted.
BC PRAYER GROUPS: Janice Nikkel . In 2015-16, we had 24 prayer groups across the province. We are growing this number and would love to have you join us. If you'd like to host or join with other parents for prayer in your region, please email email@example.com.
ALBERTA PRAYER GROUPS: Shirley Thiessen is our Alberta Regional Director at Trinity Western. Shirley coordinates the Alberta parent prayer groups. Shirley would be delighted to connect with you. Please contact Shirley at firstname.lastname@example.org
ONTARIO PRAYER GROUPS: Crystal Fontaine is our Eastern Regional Director. Crystal coordinates the Ontario, Manitoba and Eastern parent prayer groups. Please contact Crystal if you would like to be part of a prayer group or if you have prayer requests. email@example.com
PROFESSORS: Grateful for professors who care so much for their students and helping develop thoroughly Christian minds for the various marketplaces of life. (taken from our Mission Statement)
ADMISSIONS: We have had the second highest incoming class in the university's history. We are so grateful for the admission's team and their support team. We have seen our admissions enquiries more than double numbers from last year. We are grateful for these students who are interesting and signing up for TWU. (http://www8.twu.ca/undergraduate/visit/).
BOB KUHN: We thank God for our president, Bob Kuhn. His vision is to create a culture of trust on campus. Students love him and he has set a great tone on campus this year. Though living with Parkinson's Disease, it has not slowed him down. Pray for him as he provides leadership to Trinity Western as well as navigating the development of the law school.
* Please pray for revival on campus. Grateful for each and every student who has chosen to study at Trinity Western. It is no mistake they are here.
* Please pray for families that have recently lost jobs. Finances are an issue for a number of families at TWU and we ask you pray God provides both jobs and needed resources.
* Please pray for wisdom and stamina for our Resident Directors (RDs) Erin, Michelle, and Scott as they give leadership and oversight to the Student leaders. As well as Glenn Hansen who oversees our Commuter Program.
* Counselling Services on campus are kept busy. Thankful for the ability of our students to access wonderful Christian counselling on campus. They need our prayer support and financial support to keep them effective.
* Pray for students' spiritual development
* Please pray for students who are considering TWU for university. Preview Weekend is a great time for students and parents to see the campus first hand. We have heard story after story of God's provisions for students to be here at TWU. Pray for those considering to trust God on this journey and see what miracles He does for them.
History of this prayer team: This prayer ministry began a number of years ago with a few parents gathering at their home to pray for their sons and daughters. The next year, Denise & Bruce Gordon challenged parents at our Parent Weekend to get involved, with 35 people responding. The following year, 125 families began praying across Canada, the US and internationally. The ministry continues to grow.
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." Colossians 4:2